2023 Rancho Mirage Artists Studio Tour and Pop-Up Gallery
CALL FOR RANCHO MIRAGE ARTISTS
The Tenth Annual Rancho Mirage Artists Studio Tour and Pop-Up Gallery will take place on Saturday, March 25, 2023
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FEBRUARY 17, 2023 – See submission requirements below and apply online here.
The City of Rancho Mirage Cultural Commission invites all Rancho Mirage visual artists and craftspeople to apply for entry into the 2023 Rancho Mirage Artists Tour and Pop-Up Gallery. There is no application fee or participation fee.
“We are so incredibly excited to finally be bringing back the studio tour portion of this popular visual arts celebration. The opportunity to visit the special spaces where our community’s artists live and work is a highlight of the cultural event calendar each year. The past two years has allowed for our pop-up gallery and online components of the tour to grow and strengthen, setting the stage for our best Artists Studio Tour yet,” says Sally Traidman, Chair of the City of Rancho Mirage Cultural Commission.
The Pop-Up Gallery and sign-in to the Tour will take place on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory, 71-100 Highway 11, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270. An online gallery of select works will be available March 25 through May 28 on the Library and Observatory’s website.
Applying is free, and you may enter work for consideration in both the pop-up gallery and studio tour. Each artist is invited to submit 3–5 photos for selection into the show (artists who submit work are not guaranteed participation). Artists selected to participate will be contacted and provided with additional details by Friday, February 24. Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, February 17.
You must be a resident of Rancho Mirage or your studio must be in Rancho Mirage to participate.
Important! Since the images of your art are the actual content of the accompanying online gallery, artists must provide high-resolution photos following these specifications:
• File Type: JPEG or JPG only • File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side • File Size: Under 5 MB
When taking pictures of your own work meeting the above specifications:
• Photograph your work straight on with no glare or background.
• Crop everything but your art out of the image.
• If your work is framed or matted, do not include the frame or mat in the image.
• If your work is a craft medium (jewelry, fabrics, ceramics, wood), photograph on a neutral background with no other objects
If you cannot meet these specifications or upload photographs with differing specifications your work may be considered ineligible.
Applying to participate must be done online. If you need help with this, please email T.J. Hicks at email@example.com with your full name and phone number. He will assist you with your submission.
- We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to sell your work. All sales transactions and delivery of artwork will happen directly between artist and buyer.
- The City of Rancho Mirage does not participate in financial transactions and does not take a commission on sales.
- Artwork that is on exhibit and sold must match the general style and quality of what is represented in submission to participate
Please email T.J. Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and phone number.
For information about the City of Rancho Mirage Cultural Commission, visit ranchomirageca.gov/our-city/city-boards-commissions/community-cultural-commission.